When it comes to affiliate marketing, the aim is to essentially earn a passive income. And in terms of earning money as an affiliate, the financial industry is one of the most lucrative markets out there. Promoting financial products and services can earn you a significant commission, especially if you’re able to pass on leads for substantial loans such as mortgages.
There are a number of financial affiliate programs you can join, across a variety of financial products. Whether you’re looking to promote large bank loans or short term and payday loans, there are plenty of financial affiliate networks who can help you earn a commission. The trick is to find the affiliate program offering the highest possible rates.
What is an Affiliate Program?
An affiliate program is an arrangement between a business and affiliate marketer, where the latter promotes a product or service to earn a commission from the company selling it. There are three parties involved in affiliate transactions:
- The Customer: Someone who is directed to a site by an affiliate and purchases something from the merchant
- The Affiliate: Essentially the middleman, promoting a specific product to encourage customers to buy it from a particular merchant
- The Merchant: The company selling the product, who pay the affiliate a commission for every lead or sale they generate
The strategy of affiliate marketing was popularised by Jeff Bezos in 1996, the CEO and founder of Amazon. Amazon itself often works as an affiliate program, with affiliates posting links for individual products for sale, and Amazon paying a commission when someone buys that product and anything else that they add to their basket.
What are the Benefits of Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing benefits both the merchant, who generate more sales and increase brand awareness, as well as the affiliate, who earns an income simply through endorsement. The customer additionally can rest assured that the product they have purchased comes highly recommended.
In terms of working with an affiliate program, there are a number of advantages alongside making a profit. We’ve listed some of the top benefits of affiliate marketing below:
- You Don’t Need Your Own Start-Up Capital: With most business ventures, you need to invest a lot of money at the start, such as manufacturing costs. But with affiliate marketing, all you really need is a laptop and internet access.
- Experience Isn’t Necessary: Within the field of affiliate marketing, you’re not required to have lots of previous experience or expertise. Hopefully you’ve got an audience already, through things like social media or blog posts, but even this isn’t necessary when you start out. You can grow your audience as you go along.
- Affiliate Programs are Flexible: Not only can you choose the program that best fits your target demographic, from fashion to finance, you can also be incredibly flexible in your hours. Work as often or as little as you like, in the environment of your choice.
- Be Individual: There are so many different strategies and techniques to choose from with affiliate marketing, or you can make up a few of your own. There are rarely wrong answers, just learning experiences. Often the most successful strategies come from innovative new affiliates, bringing in expertise from other fields.
When it comes to financial affiliate programs, there are plenty of opportunities available. You’ll simply need to consider which type of financial product you’d most like to promote, and whether it would appeal to your target market.
Leadtree Global offer a number of affiliate options within the financial services sector. You can use a variety of marketing strategies to direct traffic to your site and affiliate links, or to one of our websites. Such techniques include:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- SMS and email marketing
- Social media
- Print and digital advertising
The lead acceptance rate for some of our lenders is between 85% and 90%, and you can earn up to £75 per accepted lead. Integrating with Leadtree Global is simple too – you can do so via our API or one of three iFrame options. Alternatively, you can simply direct leads to our site which we can track via cookies.
So if you’re looking for affiliate opportunities within the financial market, get in touch with us today!